Project TEXT, a study funded through the UCSF Clinical Translational Science Institute, explored with justice-involved youth, their caregivers, and justice and clinical professionals how SMS texts sent to adolescents and caregivers could support justice-involved youth in the community attend and adhere to their mental health and/or substance use-related treatment appointments. See our published work on this project HERE.
The TEXT2 Project
(PI: Tolou-Shams; K24 DA046569)
- Goal: To evaluate an SMS text messaging intervention with justice-involved youth and their caregivers
- Research question:
- Do motivational messages (“coaching”) sent to youth and caregivers through SMS text messages help youth engage more in their required and monitored community-based care?
- We are currently recruiting participants! We’re looking for:
- Justice-involved youth ages 13-18 who have been referred to mental health and/or substance use treatment
- One caregiver who would participate too